Email Login is a very simple, rather self-explanatory plugin. All it does is allows you to log into your WordPress account using your email address instead of your username. Why would you want this? Well, you could be lazy, you could have a really bad memory, or in my case, you may actually randomly generate the usernames used on one of your installations, and then require people to use their email address to log in instead.
- Download WP Email Login to your computer (or direct to your server if you’re tricky)
- Unzip it to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin in wp-admin under Plugins
- Log out of WordPress
- Log back in using your email address in the username field (You can still use your username if you prefer, as long as it doesn’t contain an “@” symbol.)
That’s about all there is to it. I have also added some DOM manipulation on my wp-login.php page so that the prompt actually reads “Your Email” instead of “Username”, but that’s completely optional, so it’s not included in the plugin file.
Recent Headlines for this Project
- Log into WordPress using your Email Address (November 13, 2012)